Warehouse Dock Worker – 3 pm to 11:30 pm
Mon to Fri – 3 pm to 11:30 pm
Full Benefit Package After Probationary Period
Health, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, 401K Matching, Short Term Disability, Uniforms, Discounts, and a wellness program.
Description of Essential Job Functions:
• Adhere to company safety policies.
• Assist driver as a helper on deliveries.
• Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights, and weekends due to varying freight volumes.
• Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand as needed.
• Safely climb in and out of trailers.
• Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes, and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally).
• Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g., pallets, straps, rope).
• Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery.
• Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
• Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
• Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-pace and deadline oriented.
• Safely work in adverse weather conditions.
• Ability to handle hazardous materials.
• Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
• This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to always perform the job due to circumstances.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• At least 18 years of age.
• Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
• Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
• Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift.
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
• Ability to perform simple math calculations.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
• Prior dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry is a plus.
• Prior forklift experience in a freight / less than truckload environment preferred.
• Prior experience loading and unloading trailers preferred.
• Pass a company paid Post Offer Pre-Hire screen (physical essential functions) test.
We are an EOE