The Allegheny County Airport Authority [ACAA] invites you aboard our mission to create meaningful travel experiences in the aviation industry. As Pittsburgh’s gateway to the world, both Pittsburgh International Airport and Allegheny County Airport serve as beacons of change and connectivity for our region. As a member of our crew, you will directly serve, inspire, and advance our community in significant ways that impact the daily lives of others and the future of our organization. Whether you have a passion for travel, an appreciation for aeronautics and aviation, or an unparalleled love for the city of Pittsburgh, ACAA provides the opportunity for the next chapter of your career to take flight.
Our culture is one that emphasizes high performance, innovation, and learning. We know that those things only happen when everyone who works in an organization is properly empowered, equipped, and enabled in their roles to make an impact. At ACAA success is a shared responsibility, and we look forward to supporting and developing the unique strengths you could bring to our team.
ACAA’s Project Manager, Marketing & Communications will report to the Senior Vice President of Marketing, Communications, & Customer Experience and assumes responsibility for providing strong project management support.
Here is how the Project Manager, Marketing & Communications will help:
- Partner with department leadership to drive strategic initiatives, shape the messaging that supports the department strategic plan, and recommend strategies and tactics to support goals.
- Strategic preparation for, and facilitation of, “critical path” meetings (department leadership team meetings), and SVP updates to CEO, Department Leadership Team, Senior Leadership Team, external stakeholders, etc.
- Manage and organize the SVP’s daily portfolio, including briefings, agendas, background, and reference materials.
- Chronicle and track key decisions, assignments, and follow-ups from departmental meetings, and create agendas for ongoing meetings that include these items.
- Research topics as assigned by the SVP regarding items needed for meeting preparation, special projects, and key initiatives.
- Interface with high-level internal and external stakeholders to continuously refine the top priorities of the SVP; attend all required meetings.
- Manage the design, development, implementation, and continuous improvement of project management, core processes and routine reports (such as the Radar Report) for the SVP.
- Build and maintain relationships with the department leadership; partner with them as needed to facilitate strategic decision making, prioritize departmental actions and ensure quality execution of projects.
- Assemble and lead project teams as necessary; provide direction and facilitate the decision-making process.
- Create long- and short-term project plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines and budget.
- Stay ahead of potential issues by ensuring ongoing dialogue with department leadership.
- Function as a liaison and facilitator of information between Marketing & Communications department and other departments and functions.
- Act as gatekeeper/advisor for consistent messaging and counsel teams and individuals about communications best practices.
- Work closely and coordinate with executive administrative assistant to the SVP.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate for the role of Project Manager, Marketing & Communications will demonstrate the following key competencies needed in our culture:
- Communication - Proactively conveys a clear, convincing, and timely message; Communicates effectively using two-way communication through strong verbal, written, and listening skills
- Strategic Thinking - Thinks “big picture”; Forward thinking and adept at seeing future outcomes and results; Commits to a course of action to accomplish individual, team and organizational goals
- Team Builder - Recognizes the value of teamwork and being an effective contributor to the team that drives desired results
- Customer Centricity - Aware of customer needs and the prioritization of our customers both internal and external; Makes decisions with customer in mind; Builds strong customer relationships
Requirements to apply for role of Project Manager, Marketing & Communications are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration from an accredited college or university.
- 5 years related experience in project management, communications or marketing.
- Possess or obtain prior to employment a valid Pennsylvania Class C driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.
We also expect that candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities in most cases:
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Project
- Extensive organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Proven skills in critical thinking and problem solving
- Proven ability to prioritize and use sound time management and communicate deadline requirements effectively to others
- Proficient writing, editing and content development skills
- Working knowledge of project management tools and techniques
- Ability to procure and manage consultants/contractors
- Ability to travel 5% to 10%
Don’t meet every requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs if they don’t meet every single qualification. As a Smarter Airport, we recognize that talent is not always related job history and skills come from valuable experiences that aren’t always shown on a resume. If you are excited to make a positive change for our region, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for our organization, whether it be this role or another.
Caring For Our Crew
At ACAA, we’ve got you covered. That applies to how we equip, empower, and enable our people to do their jobs. It also applies to our benefits, which are broader and more valuable than what many other employers offer:
• We offer two plan options for healthcare coverage from high-quality insurance carriers, as well as an ACAA-funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) that will help offset the cost of many medical expenses.
- ACAA employees pay almost $1,200 less per year in healthcare payroll contributions than the average employee in other companies, according to market surveys.
- When HRA funding is included, the health-plan deductibles paid by ACAA employees are about $1,200 lower on average than the costs paid by employees of other companies.
- ACAA does not require that employees meet a separate deductible for pharmacy expenses before prescription-drug coverage kicks in.
- ACAA’s dental plans (included with healthcare coverage) offer an option covering children’s orthodontia.
- Employees also can take advantage of a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) to help pay for health care and dependent care expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- All eligible full-time ACAA employees participate in the Allegheny County Employees Pension Plan, a defined-benefit plan that vests after 10 years of service.
- Employees also may participate in a Deferred Compensation Plan, which allows them to contribute part of their pay on a pre-tax basis into long-term retirement investments.
- A robust Employee Assistance Program (including access to free counselling sessions, financial guidance, and care coordination), life insurance options, a wellness program, and eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program round out ACAA’s exemplary benefits.
About Allegheny County Airport Authority
Allegheny County Airport Authority, which manages Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) and Allegheny County Airport (AGC), is committed to transforming Pittsburgh’s airports to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader.
Pittsburgh International Airport serves nearly 10 million passengers annually on 17 carriers and was named by Fast Company magazine as One of the Most Innovative Companies in the World as well as a finalist in its World Changing Ideas awards, both in 2020. PIT’s first-of-its-kind microgrid – which completely powers the airport campus through natural gas and solar energy – has won numerous awards for resiliency and sustainability.
PIT is in the midst of an ambitious terminal modernization that will make the passenger experience more efficient and deliver real opportunity for the region. The $1.4 billion new terminal program will construct a smarter, greener airport, inspired by the best of our region. The updated terminal lands in 2025 and will be the first airport terminal in the U.S. to be built from the ground-up post-pandemic, designed and constructed with the highest public health standards in mind.