The ACAA’s Manager, Content will report to the Director, Creative & Interactive and assumes responsibility for conceptualizing, writing, and managing all omnichannel content experiences to drive brand awareness and engagement for both Pittsburgh International and Allegheny County airports.
Here is how the Manager, Content will help:
- Write, edit and manage the production of digital and print content to ensure that it is consistent with the organization’s message and mission.
- Develop, manage and execute procedures for measuring the success of the content strategy including social media.
- Develop and maintain an integrated content calendar to support the Allegheny County Airport Authority’s business and traveler initiatives.
- Manage external agency and vendor assignments.
- Craft website content updates, email newsletters and digital campaign messaging.
- Manage projects within scope, quality and time with minimal oversight from the Director, Creative & Interactive.
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to management
- Identify project issues and risks and create successful action plans for resolving issues and mitigating risks in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communication colleagues to ensure the development of creative work that is on budget, on time and is strategically sound.
- Interact and coordinate project details with project teams, business partners, and marketing members of our organization.
- Develop and implement targeted content strategies for business, community and air service development to proactively build and maintain strong relationships with our stakeholders.
- Attend marketing & communication meetings when needed.
- Assist in event planning for targeted marketing events.
The successful candidate for the role of Manager, Content will demonstrate the following key competencies needed in our culture:
- Communication - Able to clearly articulate goals and objectives to the team; Listens for understanding first with peers, superiors and subordinates; Listens for understanding first with peers, superiors and subordinates
- Strategic Thinking - Able to problem-solve for short-term (quarterly) challenges to accomplish key goals; Able to develop plans to achieve efficient, on-time results
- Team Leadership - Lead and anticipate the pace and process of change effectively; Drive talent development as a team and individually; Takes accountability for team results; Recognizes and rewards excellence on the team
- Customer Centricity - Motivates team to identify new ways to improve customer experience; Identifies systemic improvements that could positively impact customers
Requirements to apply for role of Manager, Content are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience in Marketing, English, Communications, or a related field from an accredited four-year college or university in Marketing or related field.
- Five years related experience creating and managing content.
- Traditional writing skills and expertise in New Media is required.
- Successful candidates should have experience leading and developing a writing staff.
- Possess or obtain prior to employment a valid Pennsylvania Class C driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.
We also expect that candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities in most cases:
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Excellent creative writing and conceptualization skills.
- Considerable knowledge of the creative process; from ideation through implementation.
- Ability to influence, motivate, and mobilize teams and business partners.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to accommodate different situations and requirements.
- Considerable task management, organization and team collaboration skills.
- Ability to make accurate and sound analysis.
- Ability to communicate courteously, tactfully and effectively with department heads, employees, union officials, airlines and other partners, and the public.
- Ability to accomplish projects with minimal supervision.
- Methods and techniques for record-keeping and report preparation.