Our culture is one that emphasizes high performance, innovation, and learning. We know that those things only happen when everyone who works in an organization is properly empowered, equipped, and enabled in their roles to make an impact. At ACAA success is a shared responsibility, and we look forward to supporting and developing the unique strengths you could bring to our team.
ACAA’s Vice President, Technology Operations, will report to the Executive Vice President & CFO and assumes responsibility for providing direct oversight and implementation of 1) innovative software solutions to improve business processes and meet business needs, 2) systems, 3) IT Service Design, and 4) IT Service Desk support for the Pittsburgh International and Allegheny County Airports. Additionally, as a key member of the IT leadership team, supports and collaborates with the Intelligent Infrastructure Team and the Cyber Security Team.
Here is how the Vice President, Technology Operations will help:
Within the Department of Business Intelligence
- Act as the single point of contact, management, and leadership for the Run, Operate, and Manage aspects of IT Operational Technology and Services used by the Airport.
- Oversee technology performance and control with regards to applications and solutions architecture.
- Provide direct leadership, management, support, and direction to all members of the Applications Management team.
- Oversee the development of corporate standards and enterprise-wide business system environments to ensure compatibility and integration within multivendor platforms throughout the enterprise.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan focused on standards, procedures, training, documentation, and actions related to the maintenance, resolution, and enhancement of airport business applications, including analysis of operational implications, innovative technologies, modifications, budget, vendor selections, and all related work processes and procedures.
- Partner with business leaders to establish business system strategies that improve operational efficiency, reduce operational costs, and enable business growth.
- Develop business application technology architecture and roadmap.
- Perform analysis of system functionality in relation to departmental workflow for the purpose of continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Oversee and provide problem resolution of software applications.
- Oversight of the delivery to the Airport of IT Service Management and the IT Service Desk.
- Provide support, mentoring, and development to employees through performance management, coaching, training, and motivation.
Trans-organizational IT Role
- Provide leadership, management, and support as needed in regard to the Run, Operate, and Manage aspects of all technology, data, and applications; supporting the Director of Data & Analytics, the Business Technology Transformation Manager, and the Director of Intelligent Infrastructure.
- Partner with the Senior Manager of Intelligent Infrastructure to ensure secure and seamless operations of the Airport’s Networks and IT Infrastructure.
- Operational liaison between Cyber Security teams and other Business Technology and Infrastructure teams.
- Lead Change & Risk Management for all IT Technology and Infrastructure to ensure seamless and secure IT operations (implementing strategy).
- Partner and provide support to the Technology & Data Leadership Team in creating and delivering the Vision, Strategy, Transformation, and Programs.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned or required.
The successful candidate for the role of Vice President, Technology Operations will demonstrate the following key competencies needed in our culture:
- Communication - Articulates long-term vision in a compelling way that inspires the team; Actively engages in discussions with peers; Able to confront peers to challenge thinking respectfully
- Strategic Thinking - Analyzes financial, brand and employee impact of major project decisions prior to implementation; Able to identify industry trends and understands competitive landscape
- Team Leadership - Able to assess and deploy talent against project objectives; Focused on developing team talent; Leads through delegation and providing opportunity for team to excel; Takes decisive action with urgency
- Customer Centricity - Understands cross-functional roles to produce a positive customer experience; Makes decisions based on the best interest of all or most stakeholders
Requirements to apply for role of Vice President, Technology Operations are:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in information systems, business management, computer science or closely related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in the IT industry, demonstrating progressive technical management experience in multiple functions such as ERP and CRM implementation, as well as progression in leadership roles.
- Proven experience building solid relationships with business partners.
- Prior experience leading a PMO or team of project managers.
- Experience leading an applications team with budget responsibility preferred.
- Broad experience in IT applications, service management, and service desk.
- Possess or obtain prior to employment a valid Pennsylvania Class C driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.
We also expect that candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities in most cases:
- Extensive knowledge of IT disciplines, including application selection, design, configuration, and support.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure, security, and analytics.
- Skilled in project management methodologies and ability to define portfolio prioritization and project management processes and procedures, including establishing and leading a Project Management Office (PMO).
- Knowledge of software and systems including ERP, CRM, HR, and other applications across a broad business landscape.
- Knowledge of strategic planning approaches, methods, and integration with business and strategic plans; compliance requirements; long/short-term planning; and budgeting.
- Strong skills in IT operations, implementation, security, and related technical specialties.
- Ability to collaborate with peers in the IT organization to set priorities, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to 1) directly lead teams and 2) contribute to a collaborative team environment.
Don’t meet every requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs if they don’t meet every single qualification. As a Smarter Airport, we recognize that talent is not always related job history and skills come from valuable experiences that aren’t always shown on a resume. If you are excited to make a positive change for our region, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for our organization, whether it be this role or another.
Caring For Our Crew
At ACAA, we’ve got you covered. That applies to how we equip, empower, and enable our people to do their jobs. It also applies to our benefits, which are broader and more valuable than what many other employers offer:
- We offer two plan options for healthcare coverage from high-quality insurance carriers, as well as an ACAA-funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) that will help offset the cost of many medical expenses.
- ACAA employees pay almost $1,200 less per year in healthcare payroll contributions than the average employee in other companies, according to market surveys.
- When HRA funding is included, the health-plan deductibles paid by ACAA employees are about $1,200 lower on average than the costs paid by employees of other companies.
- ACAA does not require that employees meet a separate deductible for pharmacy expenses before prescription-drug coverage kicks in.
- ACAA’s dental plans (included with healthcare coverage) offer an option covering children’s orthodontia.
- Employees also can take advantage of a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) to help pay for health care and dependent care expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- All eligible full-time ACAA employees participate in the Allegheny County Employees Pension Plan, a defined-benefit plan that vests after 10 years of service.
- Employees also may participate in a Deferred Compensation Plan, which allows them to contribute part of their pay on a pre-tax basis into long-term retirement investments.
- A robust Employee Assistance Program (including access to free counselling sessions, financial guidance, and care coordination), life insurance options, a wellness program, and eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program round out ACAA’s exemplary benefits.
About Allegheny County Airport Authority
Allegheny County Airport Authority, which manages Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) and Allegheny County Airport (AGC), is committed to transforming Pittsburgh’s airports to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader.
Pittsburgh International Airport serves nearly 10 million passengers annually on 17 carriers and was named by Fast Company magazine as One of the Most Innovative Companies in the World as well as a finalist in its World Changing Ideas awards, both in 2020. PIT’s first-of-its-kind microgrid – which completely powers the airport campus through natural gas and solar energy – has won numerous awards for resiliency and sustainability.
PIT is in the midst of an ambitious terminal modernization that will make the passenger experience more efficient and deliver real opportunity for the region. The $1.4 billion new terminal program will construct a smarter, greener airport, inspired by the best of our region. The updated terminal lands in 2025 and will be the first airport terminal in the U.S. to be built from the ground-up post-pandemic, designed and constructed with the highest public health standards in mind.