The ACAA’s Human Resources Internship will expose the student to hands-on experience in the Human Resources Department. The incumbent will be involved in several projects throughout the internship specifically related to HR areas such as benefits, health and wellness, talent acquisition, training, development, and employee experience. The incumbent will have the unique opportunity to work with multiple levels of the company and provide support in analyzing, developing, and improving processes.
Here is how the Human Resources Intern will help:
- Conduct research, collect data, analyze and develop recommendations for potential strategies and tactics to address issues related to Human Resources and the key business priorities and performance standards.
- Partner with HR Generalist to complete the New Hire Orientation/Onboarding process (i.e. ensuring new employees complete required forms, showing required training videos, explaining company policies and benefits, etc.).
- Participate in the planning and execution of 2023 employee health and wellness events, and disseminate information pertaining to health and wellness programs.
- Learn, through observation, the Learning Management System, to include, but not limited to: inputting new training sessions, creating performance management review cycles, creating training rosters, etc.
- Utilize the applicant tracking system to screen and recommend candidates for interviews.
- Work with the Talent Sourcing Manager to phone screen candidates and participate in candidate interview panels.
- Review and update the Training & Development and/or Safety Newsletter.
- Work with HR Analyst to research and analyze data to identify trends, uncover potential issues, and to develop recommendations.
- Assist in other special projects and/or duties as assigned.
- Must currently be enrolled in school as a second-year (or above) undergraduate from an accredited four-year college or university in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Must maintain a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or greater.