Michael Baker International is seeking a highly-motivated Project Manager II - Bridge to support our growing bridge practice within Pennsylvania in our Moon Township, PA office. The ideal candidate will be able to lead and perform conventional and complex bridge and structure designs, load ratings, and bridge inspections as well as enjoy involvement in the development and teaching of state-of-the-art bridge training material. They will also plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Performing and managing structure tasks on conventional and complex multi-discipline projects from design through construction
- Performing and managing structure load ratings on conventional and complex bridges using hand calculations through finite element methods
- Strong technical ability able to lead, perform, and check bridge and structure designs to ensure accuracy with design codes and client requirements
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with other disciplines effectively
- Development of and adherence to scope, schedule and budget for structure tasks
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project
- Confers with project staff to outline workplan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority; manages the resources of the project
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Ability to support bridge and structure proposal development through strong technical writing
- Ability to develop creative and innovative cost saving modifications to conventional designs through construction/value engineering opportunities
- Ability to lead bridge inspections
- Ability to develop and teach bridge design training courses and reference manuals
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from ABET Accredited University – OR -
- Masters of Science from ABET Accredited University in: Civil Engineering with specialization in Structures, or Structural Engineering
- 10 + years of bridge design and analysis experience
- Pennsylvania P.E. or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Expert with finite element analysis and bridge design software
- Construction stage analysis experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Certified Bridge Safety Inspection (CBSI) preferred.
- Fracture Critical Inspection certification preferred.
- This position does not offer sponsorship.
The salary range for this position is $89,067 - $204,096 This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off
- Commuter and wellness benefits