Gateway Engineers is a multi-million-dollar full-service civil engineering firm with a diverse group of clients across both the private and public sector. We are located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania within minutes of downtown and the Pittsburgh International Airport.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Prepping design work for construction contracts
- Field Visits
- Assess flooding, sewer system malfunctions, damage to private property, issues with failed contractor work, etc.
- CCTV defect review and classification
- NASSCO certified
- If not NASSCO certified, than a strong knowledge and understanding of their system
- Designing repairs for sewer line defects
- Interpreting tech specs/contracts
- QA/QC & prepare the final bid docs and specs for construction contracts
- Performing construction and contract admin & inspection & assisting lesser experienced resources
- Predicting and identifying contract delays
- Enforce contractors staying on schedule and complying with their contract
- Solving typical field construction problems and conflicts
- Related to field, resident, client, etc.
- Designing & prepping construction and mitigation packages
- Sketches, mapping, technical descriptions, tech specs, etc.
- Prepping construction cost estimates
- Prepare and QA/QC cost estimates and quantity take offs from the plans
- Utilizing Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Assist and train less experienced engineers and resources
- Be assertive with contractors to enforce the contract docs to protect the client
- Be responsive
- Communicate well with client field reps, residents and regulatory agencies
- Strong written communication skills
- Attention to detail, flexibility, and adaptable
This opportunity requires:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or similar field.
- P.E. a plus