Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Customer Experience, this position is responsible for providing passengers and visitors with directional guidance, assistance, and information at the Pittsburgh International Airport.
At the ACAA we all have a role in the ambitious transformation of becoming a smarter airport that will enhance the passenger experience and deliver on our mission of being a global aviation leader. Here is how the Customer Service Representative will help:
- Provide assistance and information about the airport, its facilities, airline schedules and other services.
- Operate public address system to page passengers or visitors.
- Use telephone to receive or place calls to and from the airport terminal.
- Escort or assist passengers, visitors and guests to various parts of the terminals.
- Operate airport terminal courtesy telephone system to communicate with passengers or visitors.
- Receive and log lost items, take lost and found phone inquiries and return and log out items to individuals making claims.
- Performs computer related functions including tracking flight information, reading and answering e-mail and navigating the internet.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned or required.
The successful candidate in the Customer Service Representative role will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with visitors and the public.
- Strong ability to maintain a calm, steady, professional appearance during difficult situations.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Effectively use the telephone and public address system.
- Ability to learn the location of stores and businesses in the Pittsburgh International Airport, and all of the services offered.
- Able to speak clearly and professionally.
- Serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of the Authority’s Ethics Policy.
- Exhibit behavior reflective of the Authority’s Values “SOARING.”
The minimum requirements needed to qualify for the Customer Service Representative role are:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years of customer service job experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. May work overtime or a double shift if needed. Subject to remain on duty beyond normal hours or be recalled to duty up to 24 hours per day, seven days a week during emergency situations or other extensive periods.