Our culture is one that emphasizes high performance, innovation, and learning. We know that those things only happen when everyone who works in an organization is properly empowered, equipped, and enabled in their roles to make an impact. At ACAA success is a shared responsibility, and we look forward to supporting and developing the unique strengths you could bring to our team.
The ACAA’s Executive Assistant will report to the Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer and assumes responsibility for providing a comprehensive range of duties to ensure the overall efficiency of daily operations and special projects for the EVP & CFO. The incumbent in this role will provide complex and advanced administrative support with responsibility for ensuring planning, projects, goals, scheduling, and internal and external communications are accomplished in the most effective and efficient manner.
Here is how the Executive Assistant will help:
- Act as the first point of contact for the EVP-CFO, directing communications to the EVP-CFO and/or responding for the EVP-CFO.
- Responsible for developing effective systems for managing the administrative needs of the EVP &CFO.
- Manages high volume of demands on the leaders’ time by prioritizing requests while demonstrating significant independent judgment in identifying and resolving potential conflicts.
- Conduct research and prepares reports, presentations, and other documents in anticipation of leadership's information needs.
- Format, draft and finalized materials, reports, documents, etc. ensuring completeness, accuracy and compliance with procedure and appropriate English usage including grammar, punctuation, and spelling; review with Executive Communications Specialist as needed.
- Work closely with the EVP-CFO direct reports on work projects and plans as needed.
- Proactively manage the schedule (including travel) and work plans of the EVP-CFO, ensuring the EVP-CFO is kept abreast of issues, changes, needs and input from others regarding the EVP-CFO schedule and projects.
- Maintain organized filing and database systems.
- Set, manage and maintain the calendar for the EVP-CFO, including schedules, meetings, presentations, etc. (on-site and offsite).
- Organize and manage emails and written communications.
- Maintain/update various database tools (applications, certification, contracts, etc.).
- Act as a back-up resource to other Executive Office support staff.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned or required.
The successful candidate for the role of Executive Assistant will demonstrate the following key competencies needed in our culture:
- Communication - Proactively conveys a clear, convincing, and timely message; Communicates effectively using two-way communication through strong verbal, written, and listening skills
- Strategic Thinking - Thinks “big picture”; Forward thinking and adept at seeing future outcomes and results; Commits to a course of action to accomplish individual, team and organizational goals
- Team Builder - Recognizes the value of teamwork and being an effective contributor to the team that drives desired results
- Customer Centricity - Aware of customer needs and the prioritization of our customers both internal and external; Makes decisions with customer in mind; Builds strong customer relationships
Requirements to apply for role of Executive Assistant are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (or similar) from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, high-profile industry.
- Experience in an executive office, providing high-level administrative support, including scheduling, communications, travel, etc.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
- Experience working successfully and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Possess, or obtain prior to employment, a valid driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.
We also expect that candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities in most cases:
- Attention to detail, adaptability, and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to independently prioritize tasks and demands, and excellent attention to detail; high level of attention to accuracy and completeness required.
- Applicant must be a self-motivated worker who can anticipate problems and demonstrate significant independent judgment.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively on behalf of the Officer.
- Individual must be extremely flexible, adaptable, patient when needed, and capable of establishing priorities and timelines.
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
- A self-starter who can be depended upon to ensure the accuracy and quality of content with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, including executive management both internal and external to ACAA.
- Comfortable sharing new ideas, sensitive feedback and providing input to others at all levels.
Don’t meet every requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs if they don’t meet every single qualification. As a Smarter Airport, we recognize that talent is not always related job history and skills come from valuable experiences that aren’t always shown on a resume. If you are excited to make a positive change for our region, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for our organization, whether it be this role or another.
Caring For Our Crew
At ACAA, we’ve got you covered. That applies to how we equip, empower, and enable our people to do their jobs. It also applies to our benefits, which are broader and more valuable than what many other employers offer:
- We offer two plan options for healthcare coverage from high-quality insurance carriers, as well as an ACAA-funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) that will help offset the cost of many medical expenses.
- ACAA employees pay almost $1,200 less per year in healthcare payroll contributions than the average employee in other companies, according to market surveys.
- When HRA funding is included, the health-plan deductibles paid by ACAA employees are about $1,200 lower on average than the costs paid by employees of other companies.
- ACAA does not require that employees meet a separate deductible for pharmacy expenses before prescription-drug coverage kicks in.
- ACAA’s dental plans (included with healthcare coverage) offer an option covering children’s orthodontia.
- Employees also can take advantage of a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) to help pay for health care and dependent care expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- All eligible full-time ACAA employees participate in the Allegheny County Employees Pension Plan, a defined-benefit plan that vests after 10 years of service.
- Employees also may participate in a Deferred Compensation Plan, which allows them to contribute part of their pay on a pre-tax basis into long-term retirement investments.
- A robust Employee Assistance Program (including access to free counselling sessions, financial guidance, and care coordination), life insurance options, a wellness program, and eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program round out ACAA’s exemplary benefits.
About Allegheny County Airport Authority
Allegheny County Airport Authority, which manages Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) and Allegheny County Airport (AGC), is committed to transforming Pittsburgh’s airports to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader.
Pittsburgh International Airport serves nearly 10 million passengers annually on 17 carriers and was named by Fast Company magazine as One of the Most Innovative Companies in the World as well as a finalist in its World Changing Ideas awards, both in 2020. PIT’s first-of-its-kind microgrid – which completely powers the airport campus through natural gas and solar energy – has won numerous awards for resiliency and sustainability.
PIT is in the midst of an ambitious terminal modernization that will make the passenger experience more efficient and deliver real opportunity for the region. The $1.4 billion new terminal program will construct a smarter, greener airport, inspired by the best of our region. The updated terminal lands in 2025 and will be the first airport terminal in the U.S. to be built from the ground-up post-pandemic, designed and constructed with the highest public health standards in mind.