Are you a member wondering what more you can do to put your membership to work for you?
Are you considering becoming a member and wondering what you could possibly do to maximize the reward?
There are many opportunities to get involved in your Chamber and become a voice that truly helps shape the future for your business and the business community at large! Depending on your availability and your goals, you can explore the following ways of showcasing yourself as a business, a corporate leader and a community citizen:
Meet and mix with potential customers - The Chamber provides countless opportunities for you and your employees to establish and build lasting business relationships. Take a look at our list of programs and events to see the available choices.
Develop relationships with your peers - Choose from a variety of networking programs such as category exclusive Business Leads Groups and Connect4Lunch. Connect with fellow chamber members by joining a committee or by participating in the Honorary Commanders Association.
Increase your visibility - Exhibit, advertise, offer a discount, share your expertise…all excellent ways for you to increase your visibility in front of other members and the business community at large. Need some help developing a customized strategy to create awareness about your company’s products and services? Contact Michelle Kreutzer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412.264.6270.
Become a Chamber Volunteer - One of the best ways to increase your Chamber involvement while building relationships with fellow member business leaders is to become a Chamber volunteer. There are countless opportunities throughout the year where we need helping hands…
- Ambassador Program: Chamber Ambassadors volunteer their time to help promote Airport Area businesses and support Chamber functions. You’ll find ambassadors in attendance at all of our Chamber events, ready and willing to welcome newcomers and visitors to our organization. Special duties include conducting Ribbon Cuttings, Milestone Anniversary presentations, Member Orientations and Just Poppin’ In member visits. Our Ambassadors are the backbone of the Chamber and perform valuable services from recruiting to retaining members.
- Committees: The Chamber can always use your talent and expertise in planning our signature events or in the process of developing certain initiatives. Click here for a list of committees to consider.
- Committee Chairs: If you’d like a leadership role in a focused area, chairing a committee may be for you! There are many committees to consider…click here to view a complete list.
- Board Member: If you’d like to step up to a leadership role, why not consider the Chamber? Volunteers throughout our service area are selected by the board to serve three-year terms. The Board meets every other month to spearhead initiatives and govern policies for the Chamber.
- CHOICES: If you’d like to get involved in the Chamber’s community outreach efforts, consider becoming a CHOICES volunteer. CHOICES is an interactive workshop presented in our area middle schools that empowers students to achieve academic success in pursuit of their career and life aspirations. The workshop is led by CHOICES volunteers who are members of the Chamber. Click here to learn more about CHOICES. Interested in helping? Contact Susan Hovanec at email@example.com or 412.264.6270.
Have your voice heard - We need your voice and participation in helping to improve the current business climate. Throughout the year the Chamber provides a variety of opportunities to communicate with, as well as build positive relationships with key regional leaders and policy makers.
- Attend the Breakfast Briefing series
- Voice your concerns on the issues at our annual Legislative Breakfast
- Participate in our Capital Hill Day
- Stay informed on the issues – visit our Advocacy Section for late breaking news and alerts